We leave on Wednesday morning for San Diego. I am told all sorts of amazing people will be there, many of whom I hope to get to see. So, bullets are in order yeah? Yeah. About the upcoming week:
- I find large super-involved costumes frightening. So I’ll probably be cowering behind a booth somewhere.
- *IF* I costume, it will be subtle and involve the phrase “Still Not Ginger.”
- I don’t understand Bronies. This is coming from a My Little Pony hoarder.
- I’m leaving room in my suitcase for things. I’m going to need things. I am a shameless merch whore.
- I’ll still be writing. Morning, night, beach, wherever. Sorry folks, this is a working vacation. I know that makes no sense, but if I don’t keep at this schedule I’m going to be twitchy.
- You wouldn’t like me when I’m twitchy. (I do a fantastic Dr. Banner.)
- That said, there will be pools. I will be in them.
- I kind of really want to hug a Thor. Is that wrong?
- Maybe I’m leaving room in my suitcase for Mjonir.
- I got a really nice note from Helms-deep. Have no fear, I’m fine! I’m just spending lots of time reshaping chapters into things that hopefully someone will want to one day buy and read. Occasionally this means that my internet time is spent more with JSTOR than, y’know, fun places. Though academic journals are totally fun. I promise.
- Periwig is a fun word. Just saying.