Why I’m Here In Text
I’m ever-paranoid that it looks like I’m blogging to much instead of doing “actual writing.” I’m not really sure who I think is out there judging me, marking down the minutes I spend typing in a post box versus the time I spend at the typewriter or with the notebook. In all likelihood it’s just me.
I’m here because:
- I warm up here. Sometimes looking at a blank page or a scene I don’t like is very intimidating. This little post box is much safer. Also, it encourages brevity, as the internet is built to encourage flea-like attention spans.
- I’ve never been good at keeping a diary. I critique my own entries and lie to make things sound better.
- I quite enjoy the feeling of shouting into an empty room.
- I am rewarded for silliness here.
- Tossing out a few hundred words here makes the rest come a little more easily.
- This is a place for things that don’t fit elsewhere, like excel charts, my thoughts on upskirting barbarians, and long monologues about pet rabbits.
I had more thinking and note making time than production time yesterday. That’s always difficult for me to deal with. Sometimes blogging just means, “Well, I did write something.”
Here’s to today’s something.